Certified Prevention Specialist (CPS) Workplace Training
* Program is holistic and based on CBT, SEL, and a Trauma-Informed Approach.
The CPS program includes personal, professional, emotional, and behavioral development for employees, staff, and leadership. Specifically, our comprehensive holistic, non-medical, whole-person approach identifies and reduces the effects of invisible wounds, like depression, PTSD, and anxiety disorders stemming from unresolved trauma, like bullying. Without intervention or interruption, these effects can lead to (gun) workplace violence. Our programs use cognitive behavioral therapy, a Trauma-Informed approach, NLP, and mindfulness to build coping, relationship, and resilience skills for a non-judgmental, safe workplace environment.
2-Step Program Process:
Reporting and Research: Evidence-Based Pre/Post testing and feedback surveys
- Training Session: CPS is a half-day training for all stakeholders: employees, staff, and leadership. Together we set a benchmark of knowledge and understanding, as well as standards, consequences, and limitations around bullying, target, and witness behaviors.
- On-Going Support for staff: Two hours on-site per month
- Ongoing Think-tank: discuss, define, develop, and defend the pressing issues.
- A path that meets the needs of the organization.
- Communication channels with stakeholders
- Rapid response team for effective intervention during bullying incidents.
- Continued support
Employees implement emotional and behavioral health strategies to prevent bullying and other aggressive behaviors.
Build a safe, inclusive, and supportive learning environment.
Prevent self-harm and lifelong trauma that lead to addiction, abuse, suicide, or homicide.
- Discover: Current culture.
- Define: Begins the desired culture.
- Develop: Implement a shared plan and processes to prevent bullying.
- Defend: Keep track and shift when needed.
- Establish norms for social skills that will cultivate empathy and respect.
- Nurture cultural expression and inclusion.
- Self-Instruction: awareness, identification, and regulation.
- Improve personal growth, which inspires creativity, confidence, and advocacy.
- Connect the heart, body, and mind to achieve peace.
- Create an environment that ensures long-term and sustainable results.
- Understand the impact of your words, acts, and reactions on others.
- Recognize and intervene effectively to de-escalate heated altercations.
- Retain and attract staff.